Thursday, February 16, 2006

Deckard's Windows of Good(and Bad!)

Well, I've been solicited twice to fill one of these out for others and I saw UrbanMuse had one up and I haven't written a blog this week so...

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Deckard

Give it a shot, if you're interested. It'd help if you've read my blog or know me. I'll post the results as they come in.

Here's another one, but it's not as 'friendly'. I'd actually be more interested in seeing the results of this one...

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Deckard


Arena

(known to self and others)

intelligent, kind, self-conscious

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

clever, complex, energetic, friendly, loving, observant, searching, trustworthy, witty

Façade

(known only to self)

accepting, reflective, tense

Unknown

(known to nobody)

able, adaptable, bold, brave, calm, caring, cheerful, confident, dependable, dignified, extroverted, giving, happy, helpful, idealistic, independent, ingenious, introverted, knowledgeable, logical, mature, modest, nervous, organised, patient, powerful, proud, quiet, relaxed, religious, responsive, self-assertive, sensible, sentimental, shy, silly, spontaneous, sympathetic, warm, wise

Dominant Traits

66% of people think that Deckard is complex
66% of people agree that Deckard is intelligent
66% of people think that Deckard is observant
66% of people think that Deckard is searching
66% of people think that Deckard is witty

All Percentages

able (0%) accepting (0%) adaptable (0%) bold (0%) brave (0%) calm (0%) caring (0%) cheerful (0%) clever (33%) complex (66%) confident (0%) dependable (0%) dignified (0%) energetic (33%) extroverted (0%) friendly (33%) giving (0%) happy (0%) helpful (0%) idealistic (0%) independent (0%) ingenious (0%) intelligent (66%) introverted (0%) kind (33%) knowledgeable (0%) logical (0%) loving (33%) mature (0%) modest (0%) nervous (0%) observant (66%) organised (0%) patient (0%) powerful (0%) proud (0%) quiet (0%) reflective (0%) relaxed (0%) religious (0%) responsive (0%) searching (66%) self-assertive (0%) self-conscious (33%) sensible (0%) sentimental (0%) shy (0%) silly (0%) spontaneous (0%) sympathetic (0%) tense (0%) trustworthy (33%) warm (0%) wise (0%) witty (66%)

Created by the Interactive Johari Window on 21.2.2006, using data from 3 respondents.
You can make your own Johari Window, or view Deckard's full data.

6 comments:

muse said...

thanks for commenting on mine! I just did yours (without looking at the current results first), and I picked 3 of the same things that Kat did, interesting! :)

I looked at the "dark" one, but I wouldn't pick any of those words for you anyway, they're too strong, not really applicable. Frankly, I don't know if I'd like/chat with someone who was quite that... hmmm... aptly described by those negative traits. Not that we're all perfect and all, but they seemed to pick some pretty bad ones.

John Deckard said...

Yeah. I doubt anyone would post to that one, although Kat did at my behest. I completely agree about how nobody who knows someone only through a blog would ever comment- though there are a couple that I woish would give me the opportunity ;) I found their choices for the negative traits to be far more pointed than the Johari window.

Still, I'd find the negative results to be intriguing as those are are such veiled, repressed appraisals. Even on the Johari survey, I found myeself fretting over how the receipient might view my answers. I'd be curious how the results would change if they were conducted anonymously.

muse said...

I thought that "self-conscious" was very dead-on for me (without going back to look at my chart, I seem to remember you putting that one). It made me wonder why _I_ hadn't put it there, because I am extremely self-conscious, and even self-doubting (I second guess myself all the time and analyze and overanalyze my decisions/thoughts/etc. constantly). I thought that was very perceptive. :)

John Deckard said...

Yeah. Looking at some of the choices, I'd have to say that they might reflect me better than the ones that I oh-so-thoughtfully chose.

I was talking to Kat yesterday about how tests like remind me of when you catch yourself in a mirror and, for a second, don't realize that it's you that you're looking at. You subconsciously evaluate yourself as if you were a stranger.

It's one of those strange moments where you are allowed to perceive yourself as others might see you.

muse said...

I was thinking about this comment of yours, and I played with my cell phone camera all weekend, taking pics of me relaxing, working, cuddled up with cats, in my pajamas, etc. (in normal poses). Not to keep them (I deleted them all), just to see how I look in my natural environment (part of that "how I can be perceived" thing). It was interesting. I'm not as bleh as I keep thinking that I am (again with the self-conscious thing).

John Deckard said...

I always think much better of myself when I don't know that it's me- when I read something I'd written long ago that I'd forgotten or see a photograph somebody took of me years ago that I never saw.

I'm tremendously self-critical. I never feel that I know enough or am thin enough or try hard enough. It drives me to always do better, but it's terrible to my self-confidence.

It's always a balancing act between self-confidence and self-delusion. I've always felt that I could use a little more Ego.