Wednesday, September 14, 2005

my 'seven things' answers

My blogs are running thin, so I am happy to accommodate Muse's blogging questions...

Seven Things Quiz

SEVEN THINGS

Seven things you plan to do before you die

1. Travel around the world.
2. Publish a novel.
3. Live abroad.
4. See my abs again.
5. Sustain a living through my art.
6. Let 'it' go.
7. Have a kid. (those two thumps were Kat and my mother hitting the floor)


Seven things you can do

1. Write
2. Talk movies
3. draw
4. vent my frustration
5. worry
6. play guitar
7. cook


Seven things you can't do

1. Give myself a break
2. Work a 9-to-5 office job
3. Work on an oil rig
4. Dance to techno or rock music
(unless pogoing, tapping my foot, or moshing counts)
5. Conduct a non-emotional discussion on the environment
6. Keep it to myself
7. Sing


Seven things that attract you to the opposite sex

1. Challenging (punky) attitude
2. Intelligence
3. Wit
4. Adventurous nature
5. Gothy or Hippie style
6. Butt (not big, just perky)
7. Piercing eyes


Seven things you say most

1. "You know what I can't stand?!" (the answer is usually yes)
2. "What the fuck was that?!" (when I'm watching the news)
3. "What? What?! What do you want from me?!" (directed at Pippin (one of our cats) when he meows then flops down next to my computer desk for the umpteenth time, soliciting another petting session. Immediately followed by perfunctory petting.)
4. "I am Switzerland. I have no opinion." (when I refuse to answer a loaded question)
5. "Cool as the other side of the pillow." (when I'm stoned or have reached the sweet spot of drunkenness)
6. "God-dammit!" (When I have gotten my ass soundly kicked in a computer game. Usually requires a cooling off period of 5 minutes. With no context, this usually makes Kat and our two cats, jump.)
7. "I need a drink!" (Normally presented in an e-mail to Kat after I've emerged from another mind-numbing meeting with incompetent co-workers.)


Seven celebrity crushes

1. Cate Blanchett
2. Lauren Bacall
3. Audrey Hepburn
4. Allison Mosshart (singer for The Kills)
5. Helena Bonham Carter (in Fight Club)
6. Karen Allen (in Raiders of the Lost Ark)
7. Gwyneth Paltrow (in The Royal Tenenbaums)

3 comments:

muse said...

I'm so with you re Cate Blanchett! LOL (yeah, I'm straight, but she's hot!) ;)

"those two thumps were Kat and my mother hitting the floor"

ROTFLMAO!!!

Django said...

Great answers.

I can't dance either, but I'm too ashamed to admit it.

Have you seen Karen Allen in The Wanderers? She's really angelic there...

John Deckard said...

I haven't seen The Wanderers, but now I'm going to track down a copy. Thanks.